Liebfrauenkirche (5)

LiebfrauenklircheThe Church of Our Lady, originally built as a hospital church in 1345, was surrounded by Freistadt’s cemetery until the 19th century, still witnessed by its surrounding wall. Remarkable are the gravestones of some wealthy citizens. The death pillar or pillar of light dating back to 1448, which once was in the cemetery, is now situated in the Eastern chancel. The adjacent building hosts the former convent school for girls.

Scan the QR Code